Thursday, April 23, 2009

School related and some other stuff (PIC HEAVY)

First, I never posted after I got my new baby gadget. I posted about dropping by ipod classic at school and sending her to ipod heaven. A few weeks later I got my new baby.

The 16g Ipod touch...I love this little piece of technology. The only thing I hate is 1) it's only 16g(was not about to shell out $400 for the 32g) 2) Can't instantly get on the internet. But I love ALL the apps I've gotten. They have kept me pretty sane during some boring times at school. I also like that when watching movies,etc they play pretty much the length of the screen and also you tube plays VERY clear. I bought the clear case at Walmart cause I'm always dropping stuff. lol But overall, I'm very satisfied with this ipod.



On to some school related stuff, this is one of my favorite clients. When she first started coming to me her hair was brittle,dry, broken off all over and above her ears. I took this picture this past Saturday. She was so excited to see the progress.


These pictures were taken Easter weekend. We have been rollersetting her hair every week to keep her from having to do her hair every morning and adding heat and/or products. I trim her ends every 6 to 8 weeks to make sure she is clear of split ends and we relax when we need to. This particular weekend she wanted something fun, cute and girly for Easter. So I gave her the ever so popular little hump in the front and on each sides we just put up some fun twists and pinned them in place with bobby pins. This do was seriously so easy to do. The hair was already molded and curly so the hump didn't even have to be teased, just pinned into place. Same thing with the twists. For the curls, I just put a little style wax on my fingertips and finger combed through the curls. To finish, I used a little bit of spray shine by Paul Mitchell. Mind you, she is only 13-years-old, so she was ECSTATIC when I finished. I was pretty pleased myself. :)




This is an updo I created on a mannequin about 2 months ago. All I did was a classic rollerset, then took some holding spray and started pincurling all the pieces into place whereever they fell. This was actually busy work one day I wasn't real busy, but I actually liked the finish look.



This is actually a classmate. We were suppose to pick an Era(50's,60's,etc) and recreate a look from that time. Me being such a rebel, just gave her a look I was feeling and it turned out really good. So they labeled it as 80's rock. (whatever floats your boat, lol)

I gave her a really smokey eye, a lipstick that was a dead-on match for the tone of her lips. As for the hair, alot of teasing and alot of hair spray. Then we went on a photo spree around the building. lol



This is one of my favorite pics taken that day. The wind was insane but worked perfectly.

Another favorite cause it really conveys the message..I guess. At least that's what the teacher said.

This one was just for fun. lol

I think that's enough catching up for the night. lol


1 comment:

Adrienne said...

LOL yeah you caught up alright lol