Thursday, April 23, 2009

WHAT!?!?!?

I cannot believe I have let a MONTH go by with no blog posts. I have been trying to post for the last couple days but just haven't had the chance. Got sick, then busy, then still sick, etc. Anyways, I have so much to update so I guess I'll do it in increments and just take it a day at a time.
First up a new "DO". I have been in limbo as to what to do to my own hair. I don't know too many hairstylists that like to do their own hair, and I AM NO EXCEPTION. I don't like to do my own hair. Let me rephrase, I don't like to do my own hair ALOT. I like to experiment, I'm a stylists thats what I do. So I was addicted to weaves and wigs for a while but needed to let my hair breathe and to be honest I hadn't had time in the last 2 months or so to take care of my hair so I really had been wanting a cut, to start over fresh. So I finally CHOPPED ALL MY HAIR OFF...


Here's the before pics from the morning that I went to the salon..


a couple hours later...





I really love my new cut. I can literally wake up, run my fingers through my hair to spike it up and GO. One thing I do hate, is my hair after a fresh perm, it is bone straight and won't do much of anything, so it's good it's short. My hair is thin right now as it is, but I'm not too worried about it because my hair grows thick before it grows long anyway, plus I've started taking Biotin again, so it'll thicken up in no time.


I found 2 products that I love to use for short hair. It's the Sebastian Molding Mud & Bed Head Manipulator. The Molding mud is good for the back and sides of my hair. You would think with it being a "mud" it would be wax-y and greasy. But it's not, and it also leaves a shine on the hair. Not a heavy product at all. The Bed Head on the other hand, is a product that I wouldn't use unless I really was trying to mold the hair a certain way. I use it to give my bang a wispy,
piece-y look. And it will HOLD. So I wouldn't suggest it for longer hair unless you go real funky and rock out a faux-hawk or something.

I guess that's enough on this post. As said before, I love the new cut and it's going to be short for a minute. Short hair is just easier to maintain for me. So we'll see what it's looking like a couple weeks from now.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

your hair looks great!

Kali said...

Hi,
I love how you do makeup and have followed you progression of styles etc from CB. I have a ?. my hair has recently started to break really bad and thin. what products can i use to restore my hair to its original thickness and length?

I hope you get this!!
Happy Anniversary!