Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So not a good day...

Very rarely does mom get sick. Now I get the usual sinus problems, but only once or maybe twice a year I get a sinus infection. This time I got the germs from someone else. People seem to think they aren't contagious when they have fever. YES YOU ARE. I'm usually up on my vitamin C & whatnot but this time I don't know what happened.

It started Sunday, I woke up with a cough and I could feel fluid in my throat. By Sunday night I was threating a fever and went down about 7pm. It was a rough night and my cough woke me up seems like every half hour.


Monday, I opened my eyes but never got up. I had no energy whatsoever. I got up long enough to drop my son off at school and got back in the bed, I coughed so much that I ended up vomitting orange juice which was all that was in my system,after that I fell asleep. By 10:30 I had a little energy and thought I was well enough to wash my hair, sit under the dryer THEN go to Walmart. Well I guess its safe to say I overdid it. I came home around 12:30, went to sleep and didn't wake up again until 5pm, I even left bags from Walmart in the trunk for my husband to get out when he got home from work! But when I woke up at 5, my cough was quiet, ears were better and my raw chest wasn't so raw anymore. So I threw in a load of laundry, dried them then laid around for the rest of the evening, watched a little tv and surfed the web. I really felt fine.


Today, I get up, get ready for school, get there and was there all of 30 MINUTES! UGH! This time I decided to listen to my body and not try to push it. My skin was very clammy, I was hot then cold. My throat hurt and my ears were stopped up. So I sucked it up and clocked out and went home. I hate missing hours. I need 1500 hours to graduate, missing hours is NOT an option. But what could I do. So I came home and got back in the bed and have been here since. I've spent so much time in my bed that I'm getting a little restless.


I swear I'm taking a can of lysol to school when I get well. If somebody so much as breathe wrong I'm spraying their ass down!


This is what part of my bed has looked like for the last 2 days..the other side is my laptop, current hair & fashion magazines and the last book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. My husband cleans this all off for us every night.

Tonight I'm firing up the humidifier. I can't take being sick too much longer!

1 comment: