Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Brush review of sorts..

Studio Tools vs Mac

Hmm, Studio Tools at Target have stepped their game way up. The bristles are alot more softer and the handles are different as well.

This is a Mac 224 and the studio tools brush side by side, same brush basically aside from bristle color. The studio tools is alot more dense and precise and lets not mention cheaper. It could also be compared to the Mac 222. The 224 & 222 were both around $24, the studio tools was $4.99!


My entire set of studio tool brushes. The eye brushes all are the old handle brushes with the exception of the blending brush.


Elf powder brush vs Coastal Scents bronzer brush
I like them both. The CS brush bristle are closer together and picks up alot more product but the handle is a piece of crap. The Elf brush was cheaper but not by much. I wanna say $3 and the CS brush was $6 maybe. Can't remember. But either of these brushes are great for the price. And both get the job done.

Foundation brushes..Mac 190SE vs Studio Tools
Either one is fine. My Mac one is from the 2008 holiday collection so it's a smaller version. But the bristles are soooo soft on the studio tools brush. And it gets in all the crevices. That brush was $7 as oppose to the $30 for Mac.


Mac vs Studio Tools, don't mine my Mac brush it needs to be washed.
Basically, there is no difference in the two of these brushes aside from asthetically and price. The bristles on both are very soft. The studio tools brush is slightly smaller which I actually like better. Mac 187 $42(estimate) Studio Tools $6.99 at Tarjay. I've found my dupe and plan to get probably 2 more for my kit.


Now if I can get a dupe for the Mac 188 and 242 brushes. I'm so over spending so much money on Mac. Even with the discount you still spending a lot of money. The only time I will purchase Mac now is when I cannot find an inexpensive dupe for something. I completed my kit as artist for probably around $150 over the span of 12 months. All thats left for me is to build my foundations. All in all, I'm a happy camper.


1 comment:

Nikita said...

Hey,Thanks. I'm following you too. God luck with the cosmetology.

I need to source some of those studio tools brushes...lol....

And nice haul!