Friday, October 9, 2009

Ordering products online

I've been back and forth on whether to post this or not but this is my blog and its my experience so I'm going to.

Now I've never been one to order makeup online. I like to see my products in person to make sure its something I like. But I bit the bullet oh about 2 or 3 weeks ago and started ordering small stuff and things I've seen countless reviews on.

Glamourdolleyes.com
I don't think I did enough research or watched enough reviews on this one. No doubt the eyeshadows are VIBRANT and they catch my eye every single time. So I bit the bullet and I ordered a couple baggie samples. Totaling me about $10. This is a ONE woman show, the one big detail I somehow overlooked. I placed this order on Sept.22 and I still have yet to recieve. I wouldn't be too bothered if there wasn't an advertisment going about about special halloween combinations and to order soon to recieve in time. Umm, I support the movement and I ain't mad, make that dough but can I have my samples, this advertisement came out after my order. I understand the website says orders on a SLIGHT delay due to shipping errors with jar supplier. I understand that, I know that could be stressful in itself. But I didn't place an order for jars. My samples are baggies, so unless baggies are included in that shipment, I'm a bit confused. It sounds like I'm complaining and I'm not, I'm ANNOYED, I've went from nervous, to patient and now just plain annoyed. I don't like paying for something and waiting in limbo. $1, $2, $5 or $20, it's my money and I either want it back or want what I paid for. I prefer the latter but if that's not possible, send my shit back through paypal. I do not want to wait a month for samples of some eyeshadows. So for this one I say: DO YOUR RESEARCH, I myself will not be placing another order but I won't tell anyone else not to, that's just not me and everyone's experience will definitely not be the same.

Makeupgeek.com
This order is probably the reason for most of my annoyance with the one above. I placed this order the day after placing the above order. That same night, I received confirmation of order placement. The next morning I received shipping info and a day or so later this order was IN MY MAILBOX. WTF...how that happen. Now both of these companies are independently owned and granted Marlena doesn't have to "make" her product but still. This order went from Michigan to Texas in 3 days. I will definitely order from her again if needed.

Eyeslipsface.com
the good old elf cosmetics. Now I took a gamble on this one. I remember a while back people were complaining about shipping. Then it got considerably better. I placed a large order. Ordering about 19 items from the regular line, the mineral line and the studio line. I won't complain, I just placed this order on Tuesday and the website still says order processing so I'm hoping I have it at my door by this time next week. If you order from here you take a gamble on shipping unless you pay for 3 days or overnight, etc. I don't need my order bad enough to pay $12 to 3 day it. But when I get it I will surely review the products.

All in all, what I've learned is I still don't like ordering online. I have just enough patience but not enough. I don't like paying for something not knowing if all will go well. But I am glad I have paypal. I won't be making any online orders anytime soon for any makeup products from big name companies or independently owned companies and I will never order makeup from Ebay or somewhere of the likes cause I just don't trust it.

That's all I got for now.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Gonna have to try makeupgeek. UGH lol like I need another addiction lol. I actually love ELF...yes the shipping is slow but I LOVE their glosses!!!

Adrienne said...

...wait...girl email me lol.