This is the store model. I was really in love with the stairs instead of a ladder. The stairs also doubles as drawer space.
This is the actual one he got. With the desk on the inside. We've decide not to put together the bottom bunk for now and just use the space as his work space.

The color is called Cherry Merlot and if I'm not mistaken the name is Ivy League. A very nice rich dark wood. So now I have Sat. & Sun to paint, if I decide to paint over his burgundy-ish walls. And I have until Tues. to find him some bedding and a desk chair. I see a trip to Ikea in my near future. I really want to turn his room inside out and start fresh with a bare room.
And thanks to our friend Mr Black Friday, we got a steal of a deal.
In other news, my brave husband left home at 11:30 last night and stood in line at Toys R Us for their midnight opening. He pretty much got everything for our son. Then he went and stood in best buy line at 4:30AM for their 5am opening. I told him he was NUTS! And somehow after that he made it to Radioshack before finally making his way home and passing out before his head hit the pillow.
We usually do small toys and one big ticket item depending on his academics and behavior throughout the school year. So his big ticket item that he has been asking for since he was 7 years old is an ipod, I feel he's old enough and more responsible now than he would've been at 7. . Thats pretty much all that's left on his list, of course I'll throw in a few stocking stuffers maybe ipod speakers and some better earphones because the apple ones are horrible(another post in itself). I will be done Christmas shopping by the end of this week. Next year my goal is to be done before Thanksgiving.
Now I'm sitting here debating a second Old Navy order because all of they're pants are on sale $15 for adults and $10 for children! Oh the sales..Never thought I'd get this excited over them.

2 comments:
I love it. My girls have a bed similar to this.
Oh that is FLY!
Post a Comment